Jim Hudson Buick, the premier Columbia Buick dealer, is proud to announce yet another accolade for the 2011 Buick Regal premium sport sedan. U.S. News & World Report has named the 2011 Regal its annual “Best Car for the Money” in the Upscale Sedan category, beating competitors from BMW and Infiniti. The ranking was based on the magazine’s analysis of 27 published reviews and test drives of the Buick Regal, as well as analysis of reliability and safety data.
The 2011 Buick Regal for sale in Columbia SC, which starts at $26,245, was praised for “performance that balances fuel economy and power, handling and ride comfort.” U.S. News & World Report noted that reviewers are impressed with the Regal’s “handsome exterior and comfortable interior” and encourage Columbia drivers shopping for a premium mid-size sedan to add the 2011 Regal to their consideration list.
“This award confirms what many Buick Regal buyers have already found out,” said Tony DiSalle, U.S. vice president of Buick Marketing. “The Regal delivers a dynamic driving experience that competes with the best import sport sedans in the mid-size car segment. Just as importantly, this sleek, smart, top-safety-rated car is attracting new customers to the Buick brand.”
The well-equipped Regal CXL and CXL Turbo models include the following as standard or available equipment:
- Ecotec 2.4L direct injected engine rated at an estimated 182 horsepower (136 kW)
- Ecotec 2.0L turbocharged and direct injected engine rated at 220 horsepower (164 kW), which can be paired with an available six-speed manual transmission and driver-selectable Interactive Drive Control that automatically recalibrates the suspension settings
- Standard six-speed automatic transmission with driver shift control
- EPA-rated 30 mpg on the highway with the 2.4L and 32 mpg highway with the 2.0L turbo engine
- MacPherson strut front suspension and four-link independent rear suspension
- All-new Interactive Drive Control available with the 2.0L turbo, offering driver-selectable suspension settings and automatic driver suspension setting adaptability
- Four-wheel disc brakes with four-channel anti-lock braking system, brake assist and electronic parking brake
- Standard StabiliTrak stability control system and full-function traction control
- Dual-stage frontal air bags, side-curtain and front seat thorax air bags and pedal-release system
- Rear-seat thorax air bags
- Navigation system, Harman Kardon premium sound system, hard drive with 10GB for music, and 20 minutes of time shift audio capability to pause, rewind and playback radio programs
- 18-inch alloy wheels (19-inch alloy wheels on turbocharged models equipped with Interactive Drive Control)
- 12-way power, leather and heated driver seat; leather and heated passenger front seat; Bluetooth for phone; XM Satellite Radio and OnStar, along with a USB port for iPods and other audio devices.
Coming later this year is the 2012 Buick Regal GS in Columbia SC, an even sportier expression of the already sport-injected Regal. The GS is powered by a high-output, exclusive Ecotec 2.0L turbocharged engine derived from the departed Pontiac Solstice GXP performance roadster mated to a six-speed manual transmission, expected to deliver an estimated 255 horsepower (190 kW) and 295 lb.-ft. of torque for a 0-60 mph performance of less than seven seconds. GS also will be available with an automatic transmission later in the 2012 model year.
“The Regal GS will set a new benchmark for performance and value in the midsize segment,” DiSalle said. “It represents the next entry in Buick’s product renaissance.”
Visit Jim Hudson Buick for your Buick Regal in Columbia SC
Jim Hudson Buick is the premier source for the 2011 Buick Regal in Columbia, South Carolina. Jim Hudson carries a great selection of Regal sedans, both with the standard 2.4L engine and the turbocharged 2.0L engines. Jim Hudson has carried the Regal since its launch in the middle part of 2010 as a 2011 model, and its Buick certified technicians are here to provide service after the sale. For more information on the 2011 Buick Regal, visit Jim Hudson’s Buick Regal Columbia SC page on their website or call (888) 377-4971.